Monday, April 20, 2009

Only Six Weeks!!

We're on track to start Logan's saline trial six weeks from today! I know I've got a lot more to learn but I was so happy when they told me the date he'd get his pump that I had to hold back tears.



No one but another parent of a Type 1 child can even begin to understand the feelings surrounding a diagnosis, life change, education, control and everything else that goes along with your perfect child's changed perfection. I would never call Logan anything less than perfect even with Type 1. It's his challenge in life, his cross to bear - but to me, he's still the perfect little bright eyed baby I gave birth to ten and a half years ago.


I have a business trip to go on in a couple weeks and I was sort of counting the days till I leave but now I'm counting the days till our lives change for the better and my baby gets the pump he's been asking about since December 6. Six weeks from today will be one of those momentous days that I'll never forget.

7 comments:

  1. YAY! That is awesome! I can't wait for Brooklyn to get one. The problem is getting the insurance to pay for one. They are so expensive.

    I am really happy for Logan! This really will make it so much better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Hannah!!! I SOOOOOOO feel your excitement!!! I'm so happy for you all :) I look forward to hearing more about your journey with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pump is going to be SO great for all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hannah,
    I saw the link from FB. I'm so happy for you! I am not a mother of a diabetic, but I did get gestational diabetes and it didn't go away. I hate it, but not as much as I would watching my child suffer from type 1. I can't even imagine what it's like. You and Logan are in my thoughts and prayers. I have 2 friends with type 1 and they're on pumps and LOVE it:)Take care and hope it all works out! Penny Olsen Bradshaw

    ReplyDelete
  5. Logan's pic is so cute! I read your comment about sleeping, and I totally hear you. Most nights I need a little Tylenol PM to help me drift off, and even then I usually wake up 3-4 times during the night. Sometimes I wonder if I'll ever get a good night's sleep again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok..lol. I had to make an ID.

    That pic is so cute! Make sure and tell Logan I said so..;)

    I'm really happy for you guys. I know how y'all have been waiting, and it's almost time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I so happy for Logan. I'm sure this will help. Two or three pokes a week is so much better. Much love.

    ReplyDelete