Thursday, March 12, 2009

Three Months

Where to begin? The last three months have been the longest three months of Logan's life.

Logan was born October 26, 1998, in Bountiful, Utah at the same hospital that I was born. On December 6, 2008, he was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes...and the roller coaster began.

Because of my family history, I was expecting a diagnosis of diabetes for myself at some point in the future. I never expected my 10 yo son to get a Type 1 diagnosis. It was devastating.

I'm familiar with Type 2 Diabetes but I learned so much at Primary Children's during the two days Logan spent there. Tears were my friend as I began a journey of worrying so much that I couldn't sleep and didn't want to eat. After two days, Logan came home. There are so many changes to life that all started with this diagnosis.

My goal is to be the perfect mother that gets up early, showers and cooks breakfast before my kids even get up. I'll clean the house while they're at school each day. I'll spend all my time with them, helping them do their homework and just enjoying my time with them. Yeah, not gonna happen anytime soon.

I try to be a good mother but I struggle. I struggle with balancing my life; 40+ hours working each week, cleaning, laundry and being patient enough to enjoy playing with my kids. I love them with all my heart and I WILL get to be a better mother to them in my strides to help Logan take good care of himself while not ignoring Lexi at the same time.

3 comments:

  1. I am so excited you are doing this! Really! When I posted my frustrations about diabetes on my blog today I got the sweetest emails. I will put your link on my blog and I hope you can find what you are looking for through this journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. Logan must be a cool kid! We share the same birthday (only he was born much much later) LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the OC! You'll find tons of support on here :)

    ReplyDelete